MORNING TRIP TO FUNDEM´S LANDS IN ALMENARA MARSHLAND (CASTELLÓN)
On Sunday 5th May, Mother´s day and Mother Nature´s day, we will have the opportunity to visit FUNDEM´s marshland in Almenara (Castellón) together with “Acció Ecologista AGRÓ”, enviromental organization with which we have a custody agreeement.
GENERAL INFORMATION: (The activity will be in Spanish)
1. Date : Sunday, 5th May.
2. Meeting time: 10:00 a.m.
3. Meeting point: Entrance to the “Els Estanys” recreational area in Almenara (next to the bar and the interpretation centre).
4. What to bring:
- Low level of difficulty. We recommmend you to wear comfortable cloths, good footwear a cap or hat, sunscreen, insect repellent, water and snack.
5. Insurance cost: 3 euros (top ay in the meeting point)
OPTIONAL: You can have lunch after the trip in the bar “Els Estanys”. Cost: 16€ (2 starters,salad, paella, drink, cofee and dessert). In case you want to stay for lunch, please confirm as soon as possible.
Deadline to sign up: May 2nd at 14:00
- We will start the trip from the meeting point in “Els Estanys” through its small flora reserve to FUNDEM´s lands where a notice board will be inaugurated.
- Then, we will walk along FUNDEM´s lands in a circular path that surrounds the site and also we will Acció Ecologista AGRÓ´s adjacent sites, and we will see the fauna and flora inhabiting these areas as well as the water levels management.
- We will also go to the line XYZ bunkers, until a 50 metres promontory. Finally, we will return to “Els Estanys” area trough an elms´forest.